Our Sixth Form Open Evening will take place on Thursday 23rd November 2023.
To find out more about our Sixth Form and what we can offer, please book a place on our Open Evening by clicking on the link below:
A warm welcome…
Torquay Academy Sixth Form encourages all of its students to aspire to the highest levels of achievement and enables them to prepare for adult life. We offer a broad range of qualifications and encourage each individual to choose a balanced and challenging combination of courses appropriate to their strengths, interests and ambitions.
Sixth Form studies are designed to ensure exam success and help students become independent thinkers and learners – not only through their main examination courses but also through the acquisition of key skills, involvement in extra-curricular activities and a highly effective tutorial support and guidance structure.
We aim to combine a friendly and informal atmosphere with high expectations and high standards of achievement. The choice you make about which path to take at the age of sixteen will influence the future direction of your life. It is a critical decision. We aim to ensure that you never have cause to regret choosing Torquay Academy Sixth Form.
Choosing your Study Programme
When you first make your application to join Torquay Academy Sixth Form, we will ask you to make some preliminary subject choices. You do not have to make any final decisions on your study programme until the beginning of Year 12. To help you decide what to study in the Sixth Form please consider the following questions:
1. Do I need to study certain subjects in order to fulfil a career or university subject ambition?
2. Have I looked on the UCAS website (www.ucas.com) to find out different university course requirements?
3. What am I good at and what have I enjoyed learning during Year 10 and Year 11?
4. Am I clear about the kind of future learning at university I want to do (e.g. science or arts-based)?
5. Do I wish to keep my options open and study a mix of science/arts-based subjects?
6. What GCSE results do I need to achieve to be able to study on the A Level or Level 3 Vocational courses that I like? (see the individual Subject Requirements)
You should also look at the section ‘Thinking about going to university?’ to help you with your choices.
Should you wish to further talk about your subject choices and the way they may affect you or about our specific admissions criteria, please ask to see our Head of Sixth Form, Mrs Hosking. We are delighted to meet parents and students at any time.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is Friday 15th December 2023. If you are wishing to apply past this date, please contact the Sixth Form via email@example.com.
Upon receipt of your application form, you will be invited to attend a Guidance Meeting to discuss your choices and support you with making the next steps.
To download the application form please click on the link below: