When you first make your application to join Torquay Academy Sixth Form, we will ask you to make some preliminary subject choices. You do not have to make any final decisions on your study programme until the beginning of Year 12. To help you decide what to study in the Sixth Form please consider the following questions:
1. Do I need to study certain subjects in order to fulfil a career or university subject ambition?
2. Have I looked on the UCAS website (www.ucas.com) to find out different university course requirements?
3. What am I good at and what have I enjoyed learning during Year 10 and Year 11?
4. Am I clear about the kind of future learning at university I want to do (e.g. science or arts-based)?
5. Do I wish to keep my options open and study a mix of science/arts-based subjects?
6. What GCSE results do I need to achieve to be able to study on the A Level or Level 3 Vocational courses that I like? (see the individual Subject Requirements)
You should also look at the section ‘Thinking about going to university?’ to help you with your choices.
Should you wish to further talk about your subject choices and the way they may affect you or about our specific admissions criteria, please ask to see our Head of Sixth Form, Mrs Hosking. We are delighted to meet parents and students at any time.