A guide to remote learning using Google Classroom
Each day’s tasks will be published at 8.00am. Students can access them in any of the following ways:
checking their school emails
the Google Classroom app
Students will see the tasks presented like this:
When they click the tasks they receive full instructions from the teacher. Students can click the links, hand in the work, upload attachments if required and leave a comment for staff:
Points to note:
- Tasks can be done in any order at any time during the day, according to the availability of devices at home.
- Each task is intended to take 70 minutes. Students should also complete their usual daily homework using Tassomai, Sparx and their homework books (90 minutes).
- A deadline of 5pm has been set, so that students can see the tasks in their ‘Upcoming’ timeline. However tasks can be completed at any time and there is no penalty for submitting after 5pm.
Types of task:
- Pre-recorded video lessons: students should click the link in the task, watch the video and follow the instructions.
- Tasks in Google Classroom: these will include powerpoint presentations, workbook extracts, Google Forms quizzes and so on.
- Online activities: these can include links to Seneca learning, interactive text books and similar.
- Video helpdesks: some departments are offering live video helpdesks if students are stuck with work. They can contact the helpdesks by clicking the link in Google Classroom, and a teacher will be available to help. The helpdesks are staffed at the times shown next to the links.
- Live online video lessons: if there is a live video lesson taking place at a set time, this will be clearly marked in Google Classroom with details of the time, the class or classes and the teacher. Students will receive a personal video link via their school email account.
If you have any questions you can contact TAHomeLearning@tqacademy.co.uk